0

Author Interview – Alan Nayes

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Do you intend to make writing a career? Yes, I do. I already consider writing a career. And I love it!

Have you developed a specific writing style? No, I don’t believe so. I haven’t been told this anyway. I try to write the best most entertaining story I‘m able and whatever “style” comes out in my words, that is the style for that story. It in all likelihood will vary with my next story.

What is your greatest strength as a writer? That’s easy—my tenacity and persistence. I won’t give up on a project I’ve begun until I can write “The End”.

Have you ever had writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it? Not writers block, but I do often come down with that Don’t-feel-like-writing-today block. When this happens I usually try to do a little research or I go out an exercise. And there is always reading! Also there are times when I’m not sure where a story is going so I have to sit back, take a deep breath, and say, “It’s going here!” Then I write it.

Can you share a little of your current work with us? Love to. THE LEARNER is a sci-fi paranormal romance about an alien from deep space who visits Earth and falls in love with a human. Here is a short blurb, fresh from outer space!

NayéLi has come from the dark side of the universe to learn as much as she can about the third planet from the sun, and to communicate her findings back to her home world. NayéLi is a Learner – and on Earth she assumes the form of a young human female of the indigenous host species.
NayéLi is bound by her rulers’ strict laws of planetary exploration, which state that there can be no involvement with a member of the host species. But NayéLi is more human now than she realizes. And she is about to fall in love.

How did you come up with the title? The title comes from the main character’s alien classification. She was to Earth to “learn” about the planet, thus she I a “learner”.  Learners of her species are sent to many different alien planets to learn everything they can about their host planet.

Can you tell us about your main character? NayéLi is intelligent, beautiful, and very private. She only wishes to complete her Earth assignment and then return home. That all changes though when she meets another human male. Suddenly her life becomes complicated. Ah, the joys of being human!

How did you develop your plot and characters? For THE LEARNER I had a pretty good idea of who I wanted NayéLi to be. I then developed a storyline to fit her which is somewhat different than some of my other books where came up with a general plot initially then created a character to “act” the story out. For me, though, the characters always change some as their story develops.

Who designed the cover? The talented Regina Wamba at Mae I Design and Photography She did a great job I think you’ll agree!

Who is your publisher? THE LEARNER is indie published.

Buy Now @ Amazon & Smashwords & Barnes and Noble

Genre – Sci Fi / Paranormal Romance

Rating – PG13

More details about the author & the book

Connect with Alan Nayes on Facebook & GoodReads

0 Responses to "Author Interview – Alan Nayes"